Barntiques .. Your Source for Fresh off the Farm Aniques

Barntiques .. Your Source for Fresh off the Farm Aniques

Friday, July 16, 2010

A Real Iowa Farm Auction

There is nothing better than a beautiful Iowa day on a farm. This one comes with mixed blessing for the family that lived here. They have sold the farm and today are selling it's historical archive of artifacts for a farming era of days gone by. The only regret of the day was that we were just a little late from the start and we missed the pray that was given at the beginning of the sale by it's owner. A freind told me it was just beautiful and such a tribute to the family that had lived there so many years. It was a beautiful farm with proudly painted white buildings on the edge of Cedar Rapids.
These amazing barn cupolas were the highlight of the auction for me. I would have sooo.. loved to own them, but they started the bids higher than my checkbook would allow. I'm glad just have a photo of them.... notice the pig weather vane.
It's line up of treasures were a farm junkie's dream!!






Jessica, my daughter and I went to the sale. I let her bid on several thing to give her practice. She got right in there with all the men and bought several things on her own. She love pictures ... so many of these photos are hers.




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails